Sooji halwa is a simple yet delicious and yummy sweetened semoline fried in ghee and garnished with almonds and cashews. Its also popularly known as Kesari bath in the south region and Sheera / kada in the northern region of India.
– water 1 cup
– sugar 1/4 cup
– Suji – 1/4 cup
– desi ghee – 2 tbsp
– raisins – according to your need
– almonds, cashews – for garnishing
1. In a pan, add 1 cup of water. NOTE – High heat throughout the whole process.
2. Add sugar 1/4 cup. Stir until fully dissolved and set it aside.
3. In a cooking pot, add 2 tbsp desi ghee.
4. Add 1/4 cup suji until it gets golden brown. Keep stirring on high heat.
5. Add the sugar syrup that was set aside before.
6. Keep stirring till the end (Don’t stop).
7. Add raisins after 2 mins of stir.
8. Keep stirring until done (Just like shown in the video)
Garnish with chopped almonds and cashews!
Thanks for visiting. Please subscribe to our channel to get more recipes.
Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz08cK_8foTietmWfMh7Ldg
Facebook – http://facebook.com/masalacurry1
Twitter – http://twitter.com/masala_curry
Thanks for watching!
Please support us and subscribe to our channel for more recipes.