Chana Masala Recipe
Punjabi Chole Masala
INGREDIENTS TO BOIL CHANA/ CHICKPEAS/ CHOLE
Salt- 1 tsp
Overnight soaked Chana/ Chole- 300 gm
Tea- 1 tsp
Green Cardamon- 4
Black Cardamon- 2
Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon Stick- 1
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CHANA MASALA
Olive Oil- 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Ginger/garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Chopped Onion- 150 gm
Chopped Tomato- 80 gm
Salt – 3 tsp
Red Chilly powder- 2 tsp
Black pepper powder- 2 tsp
Garam Masala- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Boiled potato- 1
yogurt- 2 tbsp
RECIPE TO BOIL CHANA/ CHICKPEAS
1. In a pan, add 2 cups of water, 1 tsp of Black Tea, 4 Green cardamons, 2 Black cardamons and 1 cinnamon stick.
2. Boil this water, so all the Dry spices leave their Aroma in the water.
3. Then add this water in to the Overnight soaked chana through a tea strainer.
4. Add 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of Baking powder in that and put everything in a Pressure cooker to Boil chana and turn the heat off after two whistles.
5. Now the Chana/ Chole should be Boiled.
RECIPE TO MAKE CHANA MASALA
1. In a cooking pan, add 4 tbsp of Olive oil, 1 tsp Cumin seeds, 1 tbsp Ginger/ garlic paste, and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add 150 gm of Chopped Onion, 3 tsp of salt and stir until Golden Brown, then add 80 gm of Chopped Tomato. and stir for another 2 minutes.
3. Add 2 tsp of Red Chilly powder, 2 tsp of Black pepper powder, 2 tsp of Garam Masala, 1 tsp of Turmeric powder and mix it together.
4. Add 1 cup of water and let the paste be more soften.
5. Then add the Boiled channa into this MASALA and mix it softly.
6. Then again add 1 cup of water and cover the lid for 5 minutes.
7. Now chana is almost Ready.
6. Add 1 Boiled potato for better taste and smooth gravy.
7. Atlast add 2 tbsp of Yogurt, to give it a Buttery Flavor.
Now, Chana Masala is Ready to serve.
Thanks for watching!
Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz08cK_8foTietmWfMh7Ldg
Facebook – http://facebook.com/masalacurry1
Twitter – http://twitter.com/masala_curry
Please share and subscribe to our channel for more recipes.