A samosa, or samoosa, is a fried or baked dish with a savoury filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, lentils, macaroni, noodles or minced meat. Pine nuts can also be added.
INGREDIENTS for dough –
All purpose flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Water – Enough to make a dough. (It shouldn’t be so soft or too hard).
INGREDIENTS for Samosa filling –
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Peas – 1/2 tsp
Boiled potatoes – 6 regular
Chopped green chillies – 3
1. Take a Bowl, add 2 cups of All purpose flour, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of Carom seeds, 1/4 cup Olive oil, 1/2 cup of Water and make a hard dough.
2. Then set it aside and let it rest for at least 1 1/2 hour.
3. In a cooking pan, add 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp of Cumin seeds, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, 3 finely chopped green chillies, 1/2 cup of peas, 1 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of Red pepper, 1 tsp of Garam masala, 1 tsp of Black pepper powder, 1 tsp Turmeric powder, and mix all the spices together.
4. Add the roughly mashed boiled potatoes in it and coat it well with all the dry spices, and let it cook on the low heat for about 3-5 minutes and mash it.
5. Now set them aside and let it cool down for at least 15- 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, take a dough, divide it into five equal parts.
7. Make a round ball of dough using hands and then role it with the Rolling pin in oval shape.
8. Then cut it from the middle to make two equal parts.
9. then using your finger put some water on one side of it and wrap it like a cone.
10. when that cone shaped pocket is ready , fill potato mixture inside and close it from the open part again by applying some water layer and press both sides together.
11. Now samosa is ready to fry.
12. Fry on low to medium heat, for approx. 10-15 minutes, or until they get light brown.
Samosa is ready to serve now.
you can serve it with Green Mint chutney.
Check the link for Green Mint Chutney:
Thanks for watching!
Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz08cK_8foTietmWfMh7Ldg
Facebook – http://facebook.com/masalacurry1
Twitter – http://twitter.com/masala_curry
Please share and subscribe to our channel for more recipes.